We’ve been talking about planning while our Rig waits in RV storage. And the wait continues. Planning is a great distraction until you get to do what you are so looking forward to — hitting the road to camp! Some of my Facebook friends far from our neck of the woods in Pennsylvania, hit the road just this weekend and posted great photos (so envious). We REALLY need something to keep us busy. So, if you have all your trips planned, time to work on your summer soundtrack: RV Road-trip Mixed Tape!
RV Road Trip Mixed Tape?
I’m dating myself a bit here. But when I was younger (This lead-in seems to summon a dazed, bored look in the eyes of my tweens), we made mixed tapes. I remember an epic one for a Spring Break heading south. So, while it may end up being played on Spotify, road trip = mixed tape for me.
I have recently discovered “Winnebago” by Stephanie Quayle. I could listen to that on a continuous loop.
Hop on in to my Winnebago. We’re gonna go wherever the wind blows…
But, I am not travelling alone. So, I have looked for variety that crosses generations. My criteria is a song that celebrate the journey of the road. Always looking for suggestions, there’s room on my RV Road-trip Mixed Tape — Hop on!
- “Winnebago” Stephanie Quayle
- “Holiday Road” Lindsey Bunkingham
- “The Way” Fastball
- “I Can’t Drive 55” Sammy Haggard
- “The Distance” Cake
- “Go Your Own Way” Fleetwood Mac
- “Cruise” Florida Georgia Line
- “Take It Easy” The Eagles
- “Slow Ride” Foghat
- “Born to Run” Bruce Springsteen
- “King of the Road” Roger Heller
- “Everyday is a Winding Road” Sheryl Crow
- “Where the Streets Have No Name” U2
- “Running Down a Dream” Tom Petty
- “Here I Go Again on My Own” Whitesnake
- “Life in the Fast Lane” The Eagles
- “Let the Good Times Roll” The Cars
- “Radar Love” Golden Earring
- “Life is a Highway” Tom Cochrane
- “Route 66” Chuck Barry
- “On the Road Again” Willie Nelson
- “I’ve Been Everywhere” Johnny Cash
- “America” Simon & Garfunkel
- “Take Me Home, Country Road” John Denver